|Virginia State Gun Factory|| ||Fredericksburg||Virginia||1775|| |
| || || |
| || |
Esablished by Act of July 1775, Council of State, which authorized Col. Fielding Lewis and
Major Charles Dick, Commissioners, "to form, establish and conduct a Manufactory of Small
Arms." Major Dick remained the "director" throughout its period of activity, 1776 to 1783.
In the spring of 1782, 19 workmen and 5 apprentices were employed, but be February, 1783
the payroll had declined to but 3 hands. See also Fredericksburg Gun Factory.