Founded in 1847 by Peter and Edward Cooper, James Hall and Abraham Hewitt.
This company produced wrough iron beams for the dome on the U.S. Capitol
building and the Treasury Building in Washington D.C.
During the Civil War produced the metal for the Trenton-Springfield rifle.
In 1861 they received order from the Navy Department for 21 mortar beds, delivered
by January 1862. In the same year they received order from the Ordnance Bureau for
30 mortar beds to be completed in 30 days. They delivered them in only 3 weeks. As
of 1862 they also produced gun-barrel iron for the Union forces.