|Smith, John|| ||Hessville||Ohio||1832||1884|
| || || |
| || |
Son of David Smith. In 1870, his wife long deceased,
his children grown and settled elsewhere, he moved to be near his
daughter's ranch in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
In his later years, John continued to make and repair rifles.
On April 7, 1884, his body was discovered on the path between the shop and his home
His complete workshop was acquired by the Frazier International History Museum. It is one of the few of its kind remaining in America.