|Searcy & Moore|| ||Hogans Creek, Guilford County||North Carolina||1862|| |
| || || |
|Confederate||500 rifles from the State of North Carolina|
Founded in 1862 by Alexander M. Searcy and Dr. J.S. Moore.
The company made about 100 rifled for the State of North Carolina in 1862 and 1863. On July 10, 1863 the State or North Carolina purchased all the supplies and materials and sent them to the Florence Armory.
Information found on a marker at Thomas A. Burton Highway (U.S. 220) near Madison, Rockingham County, North Carolina