|Robinson, S.C. Arms Manufactory|| ||Richmond||Virginia||1862||1863|
| || || |
|Confederate Government in 1862||Copies of the Sharps Model 1859 but in .52 caliber|
The company was formed by Samuel C. Robinson when the Civil War begun.
Confederate copy of the Sharps Carbine in 1862 to 1863. Full production did not begin until December, 1862, and lasted until the following March. Is is believed that about 1900 guns were made by Robinson. These guns were marked
lockplate = C.S. ROBINSON ARMS MANUFACTORY RICHMOND VA 1862
barrel = C.S. ROBINSON ARMS ARMS MANUFACTORY RICHMOND VA 1862
.52 caliber percussion, 21 3/4" round barrel
On March 1, 1863 the Confederate Government tock over the company and made further guns until 1864 when the machinery was transferred to a new armory at Tallassee, Alabama. The serial number sequence did not change and continued. The overall production was something between 3500 and 5000 items.