|New nation's "Southern Armory"|| || || ||est. 1798|| |
| || || |
| || |
Established at Harpers Ferry, VIrginia in 1798 as the New Nation's
Southern Armory. Better known as Harpers Ferry Amrory. Production
started in 1800 and lasted until 1861 when
the Confederate captured the production facilities. The machinery
was sent to Richmond and used to manufacture the Richmond rifle musket.
The rifle machinery however, was sent to Fayetteville, North Carolina
and used to make the Fayetteville rifles.
See Harpers Ferry Armory Muskets and Carbines