|Macon Armory|| ||Macon||Georgia||1863||1865|
| || || |
| || |
The machinery of the Macon Armory was buyed in England and destinated for building the Enfild rifles. The
Arsenal was equiped to produce ofer 75.000 rifles per year. On April 20, 1865 Colonel Frank White, 17th Indiana
Cavalry tock possession of the arsenal.
During its existance, the Confederate States spent $ 1.2 million of buildings, $ 530.000 on machinery, $ 314.000 on manufacturing.