|Grubb, J. C. & Co.|| ||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||1839||1847|
|Grubb, J. C. & Co.||76 Market Street||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||1847||1855|
|Grubb, J. C. & Co.|| ||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||1855||1861|
|Grubb, J. C. & Co.||236 Market Street||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||1861|| |
|Grubb, J. C. & Co.|| ||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania|| ||1887|
| || || |
| || |
Hardware merchant, wholesale and retail included making, as well as importing of guns and
pistols in 1861. Partnership win John McLaughlin and Samuel WInchester in 1867 which already
ended in 1868.
In 1868 and 1869 thy annouced itself as Gun & Pistol Makers.
In 1870 as Guns, Firearms & Guns Materials.
From 1872 to 1879 again Gun & Pistol Makers.
In 1880 the focus of activities shifted to Sporting Goods and Guns & Pistols dropped entirely in 1887.
From 1839 - 1860 the company was located at 76, High Street (later Market Street). In 1861 they moved to 236 Market Street and in 1870 to 712 Market Street.
.41 o r.42 caliber percussion, single shot pistol in derringer style, lock marked J.C. Grubb. A view hundreds were manufactured between 1860 and 1870.