|Geddy, James Sr.|| ||Williamsburg||Virginia||1736||1744|
| || || |
| || |
Advertising in the Virginia Gazette in 1737 and 1738. James Geddy (died in 1744), father of James Jr.,
William and David, was probably the armorer of Williamsburg.
James was owner of the James Geddy Foundry (founded something in the 1730s). In 1750, his wife, Anne, sold her house to James Geddy Jr. who installed his silversmith and jevelry business. His brothers David and William continued to run the Foundry for more than 30 years. Excavations of the Foundry site were made in 1968.