Back to Homepage

Fredericksburg Manufactory

Name Street Town State From To
Fredericksburg Manufactory   Fredericksburg Virginia 1775 1783


Patent Date Remarks
     


Contract for
   


Product
Started in 1775 to repair arms under Lewis Fielding and Charles Dick and to began to manufacture arms in late 1776. Due to lack of funds and labour the arm manufacturing was given up about 1780. Until 1783, when all activities were stopped they fonctioned again as repair shop.

These arms were in generally British pattern but lighter and mounted in iron instead of brass. There are 2 arms known with 39" respectively 37" barrels.