Back to Homepage

Enterprise Gun Works

Name Street Town State From To
Enterprise Gun Works   Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 1848 1883


Patent Date Remarks
     


Contract for
   


Product
Estalished in 1848 by Bown & Tetley at 136/138 Wood Street, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Ownership has frequently changed. In 1862 James Bown was the only owner of that company.

By 1883 the company became James Bown & Sons, located at 520 Wood Street, Pittsburg. Shortly later in 1883 Brown & Hirth baught the company. Once again the company changed hands in 1889 when W.S. Brown, Pittsburg became the only owner. He had a machine shop and factory on Virgin Alley.

.22 short r.f. caliber, 7 shot single action revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, marked ENTERPRISE and JAMES BOWN & SON

.32 short r.f. caliber, 5 shot single action revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, marked ENTERPRISE and JAMES BOWN & SON

.38 short r.f. caliber, 5 shot single action revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, marked ENTERPRISE and JAMES BOWN & SON

.41 short r.f. caliber, 5 shot single action revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, marked ENTERPRISE and JAMES BOWN & SON