|Eagle Rifle/Gun works||138 N. 2nd Street||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||1833||1851|
| || || |
| || |
That company was operated by James (Jas) Golcher. Guns might have Eagle Gun Factory stamped
on the barrel and Eagle Rifle Works with JAs Golcher on the inside of the patch bos cover.
Locks are known stamped
Eagle Gun Factory
Barrels would be made by H. Elwell. Very likely in partnership with Golcher in the late 1830s.
In 1850 this company employed 17 persons and made 7200 gun locks at $5 each as well as guns.